LeRoy Collins Commentary 140

Commentary #140
22 February 2008

Every American should read!

CWS may be carried by less than 1% of Americans, but the remaining 99% owe their security to that 1%. Freedom has a VERY HIGH PRICE. LC

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

American Thinker

Chronic Warrior Syndrome

Russ Vaughn

One of the things I've come to love about writing for the Internet is the new friends I make whose perception sometimes make me smack my forehead in wonder that in all my years some insight they easily offer up had so completely eluded me until now. One such is a jarhead, and believe me, as an old paratrooper, I use that term with respect and brotherly affection. Old Leatherneck, Troy Watson, introduced me to the concept of Chronic Marine Syndrome, which as best I can determine is the inspiration of retired Marine Corps Brigadier General, Mike Mulqueen.

Reading the list of symptoms associated with Chronic Marine Syndrome, I realized quickly that the New York Times and other mainstream media organizations have been right all along that those who serve their country, and especially those who have actually fought in their country's service have most likely developed a syndrome which, considering the moral fiber of the mainstream media and the nation of sheep they seek to form and lead, could accurately be categorized by them as pathological.

Pardon me Marines in general, and General Mulqueen, specifically, but I think CMS extends beyond the Corps and infects past, present, and surely the future ranks of all American military services. Consider, if you will, but a few of the symptoms General Mulqueen has defined as markers of this unique infliction, as well as some others I have added:

First and foremost, having confidence in who they are;

Possessing pride in oneself, one's organization and the country they serve;

Being knowledgeable of and comfortable with the terms honor, courage and commitment;

Determined to see the mission, regardless of temporary setbacks, accomplished;

Often either respected or despised by others, due to their unique abilities and talents;

Internally and essentially immune to organizational political correctness;

Able to meet you with a firm handshake and look you in the eye;

When not a warrior, a first responder, cop, fireman, nurse, doctor, EMT, etc.;

If he/she says "Hang on, I'm coming for you," you can bet your life, they're coming for you;

Shares the tremendous pride and the undying respect of his or her family;

Shares the tremendous pride and the undying respect of his or her buddies, military and civilian;

Shares rations, water and candy bars with the unfortunate children of war;

Shares, unfortunately, the gratitude of only some of us in this nation he or she protects;

Yes, I'm beginning to see where the media can make a sensational case that these people, these soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen that we send out in harm's way to defend us, somehow possess a demonstrable set of symptoms that clearly differentiate them from far too many in America today, especially these selfsame parasites in the mainstream media who greedily suck at the nation's wounds and feast on the world's offal. Since these symptoms seem to apply solely to a unique minority of volunteers who place selflessness above all other virtues, a condition of some rarity in this age of "me first," I can now understand how those staunch, courageous patriots at the New York Times and their fellow travelers at the broadcast networks see our returning warriors as unwell in some way.

Yep, I simply can question their judgment no longer; our troops returning from the Mideast wars are indeed afflicted and it's time to give that affliction a catchy name like the one the media loves for my generation of warriors: PTSD. However, considering the group of symptoms described above, I think we should call this current problem, CWS: Chronic Warrior Syndrome.

Long may our young warriors be afflicted. HOOOAHH!

Russ Vaughn; Vietnam 65-66

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

/s/ LeRoy Collins, Jr.
www.leroycollins.org


Comment

Back to TOP